So, you’ve made the decision to buy a home – congratulations!
There are many personal and financial benefits to homeownership, and there couldn’t be any better time to enter the marketplace than now.
You undoubtedly want to find the best home for your needs and to make the wisest investment possible. Your REALTOR® understands the importance of this major purchase to you and has the expertise necessary to make your buying experience a smooth and successful one.
Here are 10 ways your Indiana REALTOR® can help:
- Determine your buying power and criteria;
- Research available properties in your market via many resources such as the Multiple Listing Service (MLS) or the Broker Listing Cooperative (BLC) and a broad network of REALTORS® – even if you are locating to another city or state;
- Show you properties that meet your specific criteria and do so quickly;
- Give you objective information about each property – perhaps a home “appears” to be your dream, but a REALTOR®’s experience can point out potential problems before you go too far down the road and vice versa;
- Negotiate a price that fits your budget;
- Help you understand different financing options and identify qualified lenders;
- Provide up-to-date information on property values, real estate taxes, utility costs, municipal services and facilities, and local zoning changes
- Recommend home inspection services to help analyze the structure and condition of the home;
- Understand the complex paperwork and steps for the purchasing process; and
- Serve as your advisor from “search through closing”.